Delivery from the Pain is a survival strategy game from DigiPotato Studio. It is a zombie game which fits quite nicely in the action adventure category. The game was released on December 2018, on Android, PC as well as IOS.
Although the game has not received the praise it deserves, it is a well composed game with many interesting elements.
Delivery from the Pain is a top down shooter, smasher, hack and slasher. Players must maneuver through various fields and buildings in a rural suburban setting while trying not to be the victim of lurking zombies.
A good part of the strategy is being able to stealthily traverse through different environments without alerting the unsuspecting Zs of your presence. Players do not always have a weapon to defend themselves should they be spotted and charged by nearby zombies.
The game takes on a realistic life simulator like system where players must:
- Study to improve their skills
- Cook and eat to maintain their health
- Sleep to replenish energy
- Crafting to create things needed to survive
- And engage in various activity to keep in a good mood
Players can travel freely from location to lactation, one of which is a home base where you can complete your daily duties and be sheltered from the chaos happening on the outside.
The game has plenty to keep players entertained for a long time. It is recommended for action gamers and those who enjoy smart thought-provoking strategy games.
At the center of Delivery from the Pain is a wonderful story which unfolds as you advance through the game. The main character is an early to middle age man struggling to survive amongst hordes of hostile zombies. The game is set in modern day 21st century, in a post-apocalyptic fictional city.
Events such as this as one would expect, erupted after some important breakthrough in the field of health and medicine and consequently, a major unforeseen error and complete meltdown for then on.
Throughout the game, the player must explore to gather clues in order to learn the truth about what really happened. Along the way, the game also expands on the stories of various other characters which the player meets in his search.
Graphics & Sounds
The graphics in Delivery from the Pain is exactly what one would expect from a mobile game. It is not the best, but it is good enough to satisfy even the hardcore gamers.
There are many details scattered throughout the environment to give us the feeling of a deserted war-torn atmosphere. The textures are not the greatest and lighting is sort of blend. However, the art style was designed to give off a dark, dirty and horrid appearance. Like a place that’s been battered by zombies and zombie killings.
The sounds add a great kick to the experience and are quite enjoyable to bear.
5 quick tips for surviving
- Use stealth mode when ever possible to flank the Zs and to avoid them altogether. The footsteps while running will alert nearby Zs.
- Be selective of items you haul around. You can always read newspapers, diaries and such on the spot and then discarding them to free up space in your backpack for things which are more valuable.
- Be mindful of the time in the game. You have a predefined amount time to resolve certain problems. Time management is a big part of this game.
- Pick your fights. It’s not always wise to go after zombies. Sometimes attacking a weaker zombie means you’ll alert and have to fight a bigger and stronger zombie.
- Use your crafting skills. If you can’t find something you need, you can always try researching it to make it yourself.
- Overall Rating: 4.6/5
- Gameplay rating: 4.8/5
- Graphic and Visuals: 4.6/5
- Music and Sounds: 4.7/5
- Player Controls: 4.8/5
- Load Times: 4.6/5
- Low end device performance 4.7/5
- High end device performance: 4.6/5
Leave a Reply Cancel reply